Suffering with joint stiffness, aches and pains?
A few months ago, I started to notice stiffness, aches and pains in a couple of my fingers. And being peri menopausal I’m aware that I need to be taking extra care of my bones and joints.
I’m all for natural solutions, rather than prescribed/over the counter medication, so I decided to up my intake of turmeric.
I didn’t realise how it had been helping until I had a week without it. I noticed the stiffness, aches and pains had returned. So, needless to say I’m back on it!
Turmeric has been found to reduce inflammation in the body, which is often the cause of these symptoms. (More specifically, it’s the curcumin in the turmeric that does this.)
So, if you’re feeling any stiffness, aches or pains anywhere in your body, it’s worth giving it a go.
How can I include turmeric in my daily diet?
To make it easy and more tempting to have my daily turmeric, I decided to make my own turmeric latte.
Not wanting to buy an expensive, ready-made version, I used ingredients that I always have in my store cupboard.
Here’s my delicious recipe if you want to try it.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Golden Greens Vitamin D Complex
- 1 tsp coconut oil *
- 1 tsp local honey
- A sprinkle of Black Pepper *
- ¾ mug of Coconut Milk
*Note- these ingredients are required for the body to be able to absorb the curcumin in the turmeric.
- Add all the ingredients except the coconut milk to your favourite mug. (You can also leave out the Vitamin D Complex if you don’t have it).
- Mix the ingredients into a smooth paste. You may need to add a little of the coconut milk to make this easier.
- Once you have your smooth paste, gradually stir in the rest of the coconut milk. (Don’t worry if it isn’t all completely dissolved, this will happen as you heat it.)
- You can then either heat the latte, in the mug, in the microwave for 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Or you can tip the contents into a saucepan and heat on the hob/stove.
Relax and enjoy!
Here are some of the benefits you’ll get from this easy to make warm drink
Turmeric (more specifically the curcumin compound within it) may -
- Help reduce chronic inflammation
- Ease symptoms of Osteoarthritis
- Reduce arthritic pain
- Keep blood sugars level
- Aid digestion and therefore encourage weight loss
- Improve skin health and ease uncomfortable skin conditions
- Naturally thin the blood, so be aware if taking blood thinner medication
- Fight disease and chronic conditions, as a natural antioxidant
- Stabilise blood pressure, and much more!
- A powerful antioxidant
- Could lower blood sugar levels
- May help reduce progression of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Fights infection
Coconut Oil and Milk
- High in manganese, essential for bone health and the metabolism of carbohydrates and protein
- Rich in iron and copper, helping to form red blood cells
- Contains selenium, an antioxidant that protects cells
- Fat in the form of medium-chain triglyceride (MCT), may promote weight loss unlike long-chain saturated fats
- May benefit heart health
Honey is a wonderful, natural sweetener, which unlike refined sugar does have some health benefits. If it’s of a good quality, it will contain antioxidants, which can help lower blood pressure and improve hearth health.
Also, eating a honey made locally to you, has been known to help with allergies.
Whilst honey is better for you than refined sugar, it should still be eaten in moderation.
Golden Greens Vitamin D Complex
This is a complex I use as a way of increasing my intake of Vitamin D, and I decided to add it to my latte. It tastes delicious and gives my warm drink even more health benefits. You don’t need to add this though, the latte tastes just as good without it!
You can see the ingredients here:
If you would like to try this complex, or any of Golden Green’s other products, you can get 15% off your first order by following the link below:
Why not take some time out for you, and enjoy this tasty hot beverage every day?
In a short while, you may start to notice some benefits to the way you feel and look.
And no more niggly stiffness, aches and pains!
As with any natural ingredient, too much can also be bad for you. Sticking to the above quantities on a daily basis shouldn’t be detrimental to your health. However, everyone is different, and some people have to take other medication, which these ingredients could interfere with. So please always check with your doctor before adding any new ingredient to your diet on a daily basis.